Saturday, December 10, 2011

Travel Tagaytay: People's park




Last November, when the rain finally stopped pouring and the humid weather started coming back, my husband and I went for a short drive to Tagaytay to cool off. With no particular place in mind but not wanting to break the bank, we decided to try going up People's park, the highest point of Tagaytay.

People's park sign 2011 with missing letters - Tagaytay, Philippines




How to get there: 
To get to this Tagaytay park, if you're coming from Aguinaldo highway, upon reaching Tagaytay Rotonda, make a  left on the roundabout and then go straight, passing Summit ridge, Tagaytay Econo Inn, Estancia hotel, picnic grove and straight towards Tagaytay Highlands.


Winding road to People's park, Tagaytay, Philippines
There are ample parking space and someone will issue you a ticket. The parking fee is also very cheap -- for Cars its only PHP20. ^_^

Parking fee - People's park, Tagaytay
The entrance fee is very affordable as well -- It was only PHP15 per person (I think) -- my husband paid it so I'm not sure. ^_^ but all I know is that it will not go higher than PHP50 for two persons.

Entrance gate - People's park, Tagaytay
            I must admit, I've been to other much nicer places in Tagaytay having been married there and we've spent most of our time there last year when we were preparing for the wedding. I've seen the different views of Taal volcano from mostly any angle on that stretch of ridge -- but being able to see Tagaytay itself from People's park was really something different for me and my husband. I mean, it's much simpler up there. It is what it is. Most of the people who are there are locals, and maybe the fact that it has its share of history makes it more appealing to me. Anyway, for whatever reason it is, the place grabbed my attention. Even my husband was impressed with the view.
Clearly, the Marcoses has exquisite taste when it comes to picking the best goods or in this case, spot. Too bad the whole place is really in a bad shape and really really needs a good make over.

View from People's park - Tagaytay
View up the mountain - People's park, Tagaytay
To boost our morale and hope that the place will be revived to its glorious state someday, I've taken a couple of pictures with our point and shoot camera showing some of the interesting things found in the park. And, it can be said that being lost in time somehow has its own appeal. 

Old Waiting shed - People's park, Tagaytay, Philippines
Old Waiting shed - People's park, Tagaytay, Philippines

Column in old open auditorium - People's park, Tagaytay

Old open auditorium - People's park, Tagaytay
Tower - People's park, Tagaytay


Concrete benches - People's park, Tagaytay

Shrine of Our Lady, Mother of Fair Love - People's Park, Tagaytay

Shrine of Our Lady, Mother of fair Love - People's park, Tagaytay

Christ Statue - People's park, Tagaytay
And, here's a picture of me at the Shrine - taken by my husband..^_^


Overall, if you're looking for a cheap place to go where you can enjoy a good view and cooler weather, People's park is definitely a good option. Based on my calculations, we only spent around PHP500 for the short visit at the park  --> I did not include our dinner at Taalena it will get doubled if I did. lol! ^_^ 

Breakdown:
PHP300 - for gas (from Alabang and back)
PHP 20 - parking
PHP 30 - entrance fee for two
PHP100 - snacks (isaw along the road, pastillas and drinks) 
Total: PHP450

TIPS if you're going to Tagaytay:
TIP#1: It's always best to bring your own food and drinks so you can splurge on pasalubong items.
TIP#2: Bring a jacket and umbrella. The weather in Tagaytay is always unpredictable so it's best to be prepared.
TIP#3 - It's also best not to bring your pets especially if you're planning to eat at the restaurants along the ridge. Most of the establishments in Tagaytay are not pet friendly.
TIP#4: Gas up, check your engine, car batteries and tires before leaving. You wouldn't want to get stuck in a steep hill, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment