Friday, January 13, 2012

IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES: New Tourism slogan


The Department of Tourism are all smiles when people started sharing this new catch-phrase all over social media networks -- the new tourism slogan: IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES seems to be the talk of the town. Some criticized the campaign though, saying that DOT copied the ad from Switzerland who has also used the same slogan in 1951. Personally, I don't really care. That was 61 years ago and nobody has copyrighted that slogan anyway so it's free for the taking. Secondly, what I love about the slogan is that it just doesn't talk about the beautiful places our 7,107 islands could offer but really says a lot about who the  Filipino people are by nature, which I am proud to say are just simply happy, fun-loving and very helpful people. And I think, that alone, can become our competitive edge that we can invest on to beat our Asian neighbors when it comes to attracting tourists. We are after all the12th most populous country in the whole planet so why can't we use our numbers to our advantage, right? ^_^

Below is the new "Pilipinas Tara Na! Byahe Tayo" version. I never grew tired watching it. 
Super Proud to be Pinoy!


On the other hand, I am a little itsy-bit sad when they decided to discontinue the WOW PHILIPPINES campaign which I also love love love. I think about the money that was put into that and how much effort was made to make that slogan stick. But nevertheless, I am still all support to the new DOT secretary in his aim to make Philippines more fun for the tourists. My only hope is that they can also think of a program that will benefit local travelers/backpackers or Filipino families who like me wishes to visit beautiful places around the Philippines. ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment