Thursday, December 8, 2011

Travel Cebu: Fort San Pedro and the Dried squid

Fort San Pedro is a miniature Intramuros. Having spent my college years within the Intramuros walls, visiting this fort seems a bit ordinary to me. But, I always want to bring back good memories whenever I visit a new place so I do what is available to do at the time and that is to ------- people watch. Not to make fun of someone but to have a feel of what the people are like especially if I don't know anybody from that place. 

Plus to think that we've been walking all day, being able to sit back and relax is a big yes for me (my nephew totally agrees). The best thing about places like this is that you can easily slump anywhere and nobody will bother you. Just like the man with a balloon on the photo below.





or my nephew running around




or this young man taking a picture of the ruins


or these two ^_^


and what else can a 7 year old do in an open field with old stuffy walls but have fun...^_^


The next day, right after breakfast and before checking out, we went to the local wet market to buy dried pusit (squid), dried fish, and souvenirs. It's best to ask your hotel for the direction. You can also bargain with the people selling the goodies. And, don't be afraid to buy a lot, the prices are doubled in Manila. I wished I could have bought more when we went there.

Me with heaps of dried goodies

go back to previous page

1 comment: