Monday, January 9, 2012

Travel Sto. Tomas Batangas: Rose and Grace Restaurant


My husband who used to work in the Sto. Tomas, Batangas, remembered his former office mates inviting him to this place after office hours whenever there's an occasion.  He said it seems to be the go-to restaurant of the locals. So when we saw their banner on our way to  Lake Pandin, San Pablo, I didn't hesitate to stop and try their special Bulalo (stewed beef marrow and ox tail with vegetable broth).

Special Bulalo - Rose and Grace restaurant



Located right along the highway (on your right if you're going further south), it is the restaurant just before Jollibee. You can't miss it.


There are also banners along the way that advertise their restaurant. The one below is what started our interest to go eat there. The yummy bulalo in a bowl with the bone marrow sticking out ^_^.


Much to our surprise, there is a long display of mouth watering Filipino dishes in the counter.  Turns out, the restaurant offers more than Bulalo ^_^. A lady will also help you place your order while you point out what you want. And, while my husband orders for us, I was enjoying looking at the different and yummy viands, local desserts and meriendas on display. I am controlling myself not to order more because we were also headed for a lunch tour in San Pablo and don't want to ruin my appetite. I vow when I pass by this restaurant -- I'll try their halo-halo and other dishes as well. ^_^



The restaurant is actually huge but the building reminds me of the 70s. Lol! ^_^. Anyway, I didn't mind. Their food was great. For the price - I forgot the exact price of the bulalo but it's more or less PHP350??. It's a bit pricey but I think the reason is -- it is not a self serving restaurant. People actually waits on the tables and assist you when you need something. A modern and more convenient Filipino turo-turo restaurant. But, I'd definitely come back again. ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment