Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Celebrations: Our Wedding - Tagaytay

There is no better way to start this page about Celebrations than telling you all about the day my husband and I said our "I Do's".

Our wedding took place on a Monday afternoon at Caleruega Chapel, on top of Mt. Batulao in Nasugbu, Batangas. It was followed by a garden dinner buffet at Clearwater Resthouse Garden that has a spectacular view of Taal, the smallest volcano in the world. It was a dream come true for me and my husband.



Having been engaged on late autumn, we were inspired to do an autumn themed wedding. We filled the day with colors of deep red, burnt orange and chocolate brown, from the flowers to the dresses & gowns down to the invitations. 

Having fun with my entourage
Our bridesmaids wore chocolate brown cocktail dresses while my secondary sponsors wore burnt orange dresses with chocolate brown belts on them. Our on-the-day coordinators and matrons of honor (which are my sisters) wore flowy red gowns. I was very happy when all the colors and design came together because we actually had 3 tailors during my wedding and they are all from different locations. One is a local tailor from Olongapo City (where my family is from - he did my sister's and the bridesmaid's gown), the other tailor (a husband and wife) from Binan, Laguna (where my husband's family is from - they did the flowergirl's and secondary sponsor's dresses) and the last one are Lui & Jon fashionhouse, very young but very talented designers from Manila who fabulously created for me my dream wedding gown and my husband's 3 pc-suit.

My beautiful wedding gown created by Lui&Jon
My customized "I DO" shoes
The florist we hired is a local in Tagaytay - RCJC flowershop; Tita Cora, our contact person, did a very good job with the arrangements and was true to her word when she said that she's going to help us out when she learned we did not hire a wedding coordinator.


Inviting our closest friends and families, we sent out our DIY save the date cards via email. We used one of the photos that was taken by our photographer during our e-session. And used a template to make our save the date cards. 





 For the formal invitations, we had a professional print them out for us, we had our monogram D & M (D for Dennis and M for Maricar) and the date served as the seal in our clutch-like chocolate brown invitation. We added the orange ribbon to match our color scheme.

Our formal invitation 
The ceremony was officiated by a priest friend, to whom I am so very much grateful - Fr. Caloy Paglicawan. Our commentator is a dear friend and a big sister to me, Ms Dada Filio. Our gospel readers and offerors are close friends and relatives of ours. Their participation truly made the ceremony more special and more meaningful.

 The colorful church of Caleruega


Mr. & Mrs
Releasing the dove
The dinner reception was as fun and meaningful as the ceremony. It was February so we had some tents put up just in case it rains. Our emcee/host, Jonathan Dionisio,  did a good job entertaining guests while we were away for our post wedding ceremony pictorial :) There were games and I was happy that the entourage were willing to dance as we introduced them to everyone. Husband and I made a mixed CD that consists of all our favorite songs and we were very happy that our DJ played every bit of them before, during and after the program.

Since we missed out cocktail hour, we just browsed through friend's photos to catch a glimpse of what the reception set up look like while we were away. Here are some pictures taken by our wonderful guests.


The house where the buffet table is set

Back of tent

Center table

Bride and groom table
We arrived at around 7PM together with our photographers and videographers. And, when we walked in to the reception area, Dennis and I were really happy with what our Lights & Sounds team, Stohnenhky, our catererer, Centertable Catering did with the place. They did everything according to plan and the details we agreed on. As I've discovered from different forums, most suppliers don't really live up to what is expected of them but with these two. Everything was just perfect. :)

Our wedding cake - just as we ordered (freebie from our caterer)
Our Chocolate fountain - a gift from my sister and her husband

No comments:

Post a Comment