Thursday, October 11, 2012

Best of Ilocos Norte: Kapurpurawan Rock formation


I did not expect to fall in love with this white rock from Burgos town but I did. I think the way that it was set up made it really worthwhile to visit. Mother Nature truly is the best craftsman of all. The raised rock already stood out from a distance. My mother, who cannot make it down the trail because of her weak knees enjoyed the view from a kubo (hut) on top of a cliff with our driver. The view surrounding the rock painted a different scenery. I haven't seen a beautiful landscape like it from all my travels in the Philippines so it automatically made an impression on me.


Kapurpurawan Rock formation, Ilocos Norte, Philippines

There are rock cliffs facing the West Philippine Sea, massive blue waves crashing onto the rocky shores, plains and plateaus of greens from afar. I am so glad it didn't rain when we made this trip. ^_^

View from Kapurpurawan Rock formation, Ilocos
It's not allowed to climb the front part of the Rock formation nowadays for safety reasons. There's already a rope and a sign in place that will tell you so, not to mention a tourism aide that guards the place. But, you can go around the rock and have those picture perfect shots that you can take with you to remind you of this beautiful place.
Me and my husband at the Kapurpurawan Rock, Ilocos Norte

There are movie props near the Rock that was left out by the film crew of "Enteng Kabisote and Agimat". We played Survivor Ilocos and sat around a fake bonfire for a Tribal Council meeting. I wonder who got voted out? lol ^_^ 

film set of "Enteng Kabisote and Agimat" kapurpurawan Rock - Ilocos, Philippines

The man-made cemented trail that zigzagged towards the viewpoint blended well with everything else.  The tourist guide told us that Governor Imee Marcos actually headed the construction of it to make the journey easier for tourists. Good job Gov. I just hope that this place will not get too commercialized. It'll definitely ruin the scenery if it did. 

Kapurpurawan Rock formation, Ilocos Norte
This will be the first of the series of posts that I'll be writing about my travel up North. I'll include also a behind-the-scene post that includes our itinerary, reviews and planning process after I'm finished highlighting the best of the best of Ilocos so you better stay tuned for more. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment